19 November 2014

Aromatherapy Shower Melts

I hate waking up in the morning. I probably hate it more than anyone else in the world.

So in an attempt to be a little bit happier about having to get out of bed, I whipped up a few aromatherapy shower melts.


I used "cheer up buttercup," a blend of bergamot, orange, lime, grapefruit, and lemon oils. Seriously, it's like bottled joy.

This is hardly a scientific recipe. I dumped a box of baking soda into a bowl and added enough water to make a paste. I filled a cheap silicon baking mold with the mixture and let them dry (I baked them for a while at 250 and then let them dry the rest of the way on the counter). I added a drop of oil to each cube and put them in a jar, because everything in my house goes in a jar. (Next time I make them, I am going to mix the oil right into the paste before I put them in the molds. I am also going to skip the oven and just let them dry on the counter over night.)

To use, put one on the floor of the shower in the morning, take a deep breath, and hate waking up just a little bit less.

My mom and I made these this past weekend and she added Breathe to her melts, perfect for the sniffles or a persistent cough. Here's another great recipe for vapor shower disks that uses rosemary, eucalyptus, and lavender oils.


Have any other tricks for me to not hate the morning so much??

1 comment:

  1. I don't like mornings either! I think that having something that smells good and awakens your senses early in the morning can help with waking up. Strong smells make me feel sick at present, so I wouldn't want anything too overwhelming. I really like citrus smells though! I'll want to try this after I'm done being pregnant! http://www.jo1stopshop.com/default.asp?dept_id=27000

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!