02 October 2014

Parenting is Hilarious!

I've talked about this before, but I'll say it again...

parenting in hilarious. Truly. It's the funniest thing I've ever done.


when your son wears underpants as a hat
when he insists on putting his face in his cereal bowl and eating like the cat
when he dances around the house naked
or poops in the hallway

I mean, come on, that's funny.

Last night I was wrestling with him to get him diapered. I took a break from the wrestling match and he quickly hid in his closet (hide and seek is his new favorite thing). I heard a strange noise, and when I opened the door he said "Mamma I pee peed. Look, pee pee) and pointed at the pool of pee he was standing in.

I cracked up!

Of course I cleaned it up and tried to explain why he shouldn't pee on the floor.

But I also started crying from laughing so hard.

Of course parenting is serious business, and our days as moms and dads are full of moments of pure joy and pure challenge. But as Sam gets older, I find more and more to laugh about. And not a "how is this happening, if I don't laugh I'll cry" kind of thing. But the kind of laughing you do when you are overwhelmed with happiness over the child you created. Over seeing him learn new things, get into silly situations, and make his way through the world one pee pee accident at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I NEED to borrow your sense of humor!! I tend to need to take a big breath in those situations. I wis my default reaction was joy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!