13 August 2014

Overwhelmed With It All

I have to admit, I'm a bit overwhelmed with what is happening around the world. Quite overwhelmed, actually - terrorism and violence, rioting and racism, depression and loss. I've started to shut things out, hiding myself  from the news. It's like I almost don't want to know.
But I know I need to. I need to see what is happening. I need to feel sadness and anger. And while I'm not always sure what to do or how I can help, I know I can pray. I know I can turn to the one who sees and knows all. The one who listens. While I don't understand how these events fit into His plan, and while I'm saddened and confused, I chose to trust Him. Trust in Him and His workings. 

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way. I've had to distance myself from the news a little, not ignoring it, just need to keep reminding myself that there are positives in the world.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming along for the ride with me. Your comments make my day!